- 8 Yosemite Winter Club Board Meeting
- 15 Gear Swap - Garden Terrace (drop your gear at 3pm)
- 15 Pray for Snow Party - Membership Dinner 5:00 Garden Terrace Yosemite Lodge
- 22 Ice Rink Opens (weather permitting) 3:30 pm
- 13 Badger Pass Opens (Weather permitting)
- 11-12 Bear Valley Ski Race
- 19-20 First Ski (XC)
- 31 Snowball Social at The Ahwahnee Hotel
- 8-9 Dodge Ridge Ski Race
- 15 Ostrander Ski Hut Trip (XC)
- 1-2 China Peak Ski Race
- 1 - 3 Glacier Point Hut Trip Cross Country
- 2 Ice Rink closing date (anticipated)
- 15-16 Silver Ski Race at Badger Pass
- 20 - 24 Trans Sierra Ski Trip (XC)
- 30 Badger Pass anticipated closing date (anticipated)
- 22 Highway Clean-up
- 15 Scholarships due
Yosemite Winter Club Ancient Jocks Race - Saturday, March 2nd, 2013
It's that time of year again to race/chug/race with your YWC friends at Badger Pass! What is an ancient jock? Anyone over 30 who can ski or snowboard, taking a brief break to chug a beer or soda. Awards to top finishers in each age group. More details soon, save the date!
Begin sign up at 9 a.m. at Front Desk...race starts at 1:30; meet at top of Badger Run
Volunteer to help with Sunday's Nordic Holiday Freestyle race and get free race entry on Saturday and a free lift ticket at Badger Pass
Volunteer to help with Sunday's Freestyle race and get free race entry on Saturday and a free lift ticket at Badger Pass Nordic Holiday Race Volunteer Opportunity A day of XC skiing with friends, cheering on super fast Nordic Holiday Race skate skiers and friends, and helping out the Winter Club. What could be better? How about free entry in Saturday’s 18K Classic Race and/or the Telemark Race, plus free fully transferrable lift tickets, courtesy of your ever-appreciative Winter Club?
Join us for the annual Yosemite Winter Club Pray for Snow Party
Friday November 16, 2012
Drop off gear for the swap at 3pm
Party starts at 5pm
Garden Terrace at Yosemite Lodge
• Delicious BBQ style dinner
• Cool YWC swag – coaster (free) and pint glasses ($5/each)
• YWC annual membership - 50% off lift tickets, ice skating, winter rental gear (unlimited!), Discounted Season Pass ($99 for members!), Discounts at YWC events, and More!
• Warren Miller films to get you feelin’ warm about winter
Greetings to all.
We are hoping everyone is doing well and anticipating a great ski season. We wanted to let everyone know that First Ski. potluck and Section meeting is scheduled for the weekend of January 19/20 at the Pitts' Yosemite Peregrine in Yosemite West. We are still wating on the final word from the NPS and Yosemite Conservancy on the trip dates. Once we have those nailed down, we will be sending out the Cross Country Section newsletter with trip details and application. More details to come. And do your snow dance in the meantime.
Terry and Melinda
Yosemite Winter Club Cross Country Section
916 454 5937 home 916 802-5848 cell
Join Sean Costello for our Badger Pass Snow Report on 2/16/12 as he tells you about our great snow conditions and hints on hitting the slopes early for the upcoming holiday weekend. All footage is from today and shows the great coverage we have from the recent storm.